Friday, March 23, 2007

Laser Hair Removal at Home?

I've been seeing all these ads touting devices that accomplish laser hair removal at home.

Yeah right?

But then, I come across this news article about how Gillette has invested in a company that normally makes laser hair removal machines for salons to produce a machine that can be used at home.

I looked up Gillette and laser hair removal and came up with a picture of this device:

This is actually one of their salon devices, but it is apparently used by many salons here in the States. Gillette is investing in a device that this company has created (Palomar Medical Technologies is the name of the company) to enable people to remove hair by laser at home.

According to everything I can find, this thing is only in test phases and who knows when it will come out, but one article I read suggested sometime in 2008.

So, if you're willing to wait and don't want to pay astronomical prices for laser hair removal, it might be worth it to try and hold out. I doubt I will, because, what if you wait all that time and then it sucks?

And yes, I've been researching the prices for salon laser hair removal and will come back with a post on what all I've found. It is pricey, folks. So, if you think this home device is a good bet, you might want to wait it out. No idea how it's going to be when you're wanting to reach those "tough-to-get" spots.

No comments: