Friday, March 23, 2007

Welcome to Laser Hair Removal - Yay!

So, this is my blog dedicated to my journey to become a (mostly) hairless wonder.

Basically, I hate shaving.

Now, this might sound vain or lazy, but the truth is, shaving just doesn't work well for me. I can shave and an hour later, it's like a five-o-clock shadow. Add to that I have sensitive skin when it comes to shaving and you've got a painful mess.

I've tried everything: various razors - disposable, electric and battery powered, depilatories, waxes, epilators, hair growth inhibators and just about anything else you can think of.

What I haven't tried is laser hair removal. The first time I heard of laser hair removal, I was skeptical. Permanent hair removal? I had heard of electrolysis, but wasn't sure of it. It sounded very evasive and, from the sound of it, it would take forever to do a large area (a.k.a. one leg!). Plus, the whole needle in the skin thing didn't sound all that inviting.

So, this blog is about my quest to finally have laser hair removal done and all the information I can find about the process in the meantime. I've been compiling information for awhile and figured it would only make sense to make all this information compiled into one form to others so they might not have to search as much as I have.

Enjoy! More posts to come soon!!

No comments: